Saturday, October 25, 2008

Welcome!

You've arrived. Well done.

Consider this piece of virtual real estate (a place where the value can only go up... what can I say? It's virtual) a kind of online Lake Neepaulin, a bulletin board to share stories, questions, (weenie liberal) propaganda, pics (no weenies, please), and, for the tech savvy youngins, video.

You should all have the keys. As Nan would say, "play nice".

To post an entry, click "sign in" above and follow it to a publishing page. You can plug in individual photos in the body of the blog, or, if there are quite a few, in a Picassa web photo album. If you have any questions, ask somebody under 12. They'll help you.

13 comments:

deb said...

great job Bern, now I have to go get one of my kids to help me with the photo thing, Jim and my brother in law, Jake took my two sons, Tim and Ryan back to NJ two weeks ago to a Jets game. They had a great time. Hopefully the photos will be available soon.

Mark said...

Looks good but how do you post photos. I better ask Dermot.

dorian said...

This should be fun! I ,too, will get the teens around here to help me....speaking of getting older,
I received one phone call for my birthday from a family member...it was Bob Patwell!!!!...people, can't we do better than that??? :)
I 'll figure out pics and send soon:)

The Country Army said...

This is definitely what I had envisioned-Bern you are a genius-
JP

The Country Army said...

This is definitely what I had envisioned-Bern you are a genius-
JP

John said...

http://www.foplodge957.org/memorial/bios/patwell.htm

I dont know if anybody had seen this site yet. the Fraternal Of Police for Orange County put together a new memorial about 2 years ago. The listed Dad-they seemed to forget about Patricia though. The photo was not one his best, but it is good to remember him with...

suzy said...

I'm so excited! This is awesome, thanks Bern. I want to recommend the Captain of the Country Army's book to everyone. It's excellent!! Well written and very insightful. Good work Chris. You can get it at Amazon. Maybe we should put everyone's birthday's on here somewhere so we can remember them all...I have a hard time remembering my own anymore!

suzy said...

P.S. Happy Birthday Dorian!!

Bernhard Warner said...

Bob Patwell? grrrroan. He'll be trying to commandeer this blog in no time. Ah, the perils of personal publishing.

And happy belated birthday, Dor. I'm hoisting a glass of Sicilian wine in your general direction. Call it a virtual toast. In case you are wondering: yes, it's best to blog after a glass of wine.

John said...

is Michael in the middle of the cousin photo because he is the closest in size to Dad-Dad??

And what's with a ll the bald guys ??

suzy said...

Happy Birthday John!! It feels good to know a young guy like you is the same age as me! Love Ya! And Yea OBAMA!!

Anonymous said...

bern,that description of the country army cracked me up.And as far as the technical aspects of the website dont worry,doug and i have everything under control.Cousin mike

deb said...

Merry Christmas everyone! It was a brisk -28 degrees when I drove the kids to school this morning, I swear this state does not believe in snow days, have a great Holiday. love Deb